[CentOS] ext3 errors

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Feb 26 09:28:26 UTC 2008

> William L. Maltby wrote:
> >
> >><snip>

> > If you use cpio, it can handle the hard links intelligently, IIRC. That
> > may make this more feasible. Plus you can specify such things as depth
> > to the find command feeding cpio so that even directories end up with
> > good dates.
>
> Handling them intelligently and in a reasonable amount of time are 2
> different things.  The last time I tried to copy a backuppc archive much
> smaller than this I gave up after 3 days - and I've tried most of the
> possible file-oriented ways to do it, including cpio.

Do you remember if you used the --link or -l parameter? That's the one
that says hard link when possible rather than copying. That should
prevent multiple copies of the same file when multiple hard links
reference them. That should be faster than not doing so if there are
lots of hard links.

--
Bill