[CentOS] Re: NFSroot is acting strange in CentOS5

vincenzo romero new2xen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:34:05 UTC 2008

>  I haven't done it since kernel 2.2 days so my knowledge is old and rusty, like me.

LOL!  .. :)
>  Have you looked on any of the distros set up for this like k12LTSP?
>  Maybe they have a more current set of docs.

well, I found the issue - this was a problem in the 2.6.18 kernel; and
a fix has been incorprated since 2.6.22 or so ... we decided to use
2.6.18 - which is the base for "Fedora 6" (we'll be supporting - so
called - golden releases per selected distro, if you will) ..

i guess for future reference, the fix can be found here:

http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v2.6/23-rc4/fs/nfs/super.c

-