[CentOS] Re: Gnumeric

Primorec igor.furlan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:53:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 3:06 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:

> on 2/27/2008 2:24 PM Primorec spake the following:
> >

> > On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 2:02 PM, Karanbir Singh
> > <mail-lists at karan.org
> > <mailto:mail-lists at karan.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     centos at 911networks.com
> >     <mailto:centos at 911networks.com> wrote:
> >      > Is there a yum repository that has them or a yum repository for
> >      > gnumeric?
> >      >

> >     I have a snapshot of gnumeric in my Misc repository ( for i386 only
> so
> >     far, x86_64 and ppc coming soon ). Repo Setup instructions are
> included
> >     on the start page ( http://centos.karan.org/ ). You will need both
> the
> >     Misc and FExtras repo's setup.
> >
> >     "yum install gnumeric" should then do the magic.
> >

> > somehow  it does not work for me...  I am not able to find  the FExtra
> > .repo file
> >
> Did you follow instructions on the webpage? ( http://centos.karan.org/ )

Yes, I did.   On that page is written (among other things):

  There are two repositories hosted here, the Fedora Extras rebuilt for
CentOS and the Misc pkg. The Misc pkg tree includes various rpms that I have
built from source or src.rpm rebuilds. There might be pkgs there that will
overwrite / replace core pkgs included in CentOS. To use the Misc Pkgs
repository, you will need the FExtras repo enabled as well, some of the
dependencies are resolved there.

There is nowhere to find .repo file for  FExtras.    I am assuming that
this  kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo<http://centos.karan.org/kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo>
is the correct .repo file for FExtras.
And, I am assuming that this
kbsingh-CentOS-Misc.repo<http://centos.karan.org/kbsingh-CentOS-Misc.repo>
is the .repo file for Misc Pkgs.

So, I've installed both .repo files into /etc/yum.repos.d/

Here is the list. As you can see there IS the karan (kbsingh) repo file(s)
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-fasttrack.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/epel-testing.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/kbsingh-CentOS-Misc.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/mirrors-rpmforge
/etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo

Once everything was in place I've typed:

[root at legolas ]# yum install gnumeric
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
epel                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
kbs-CentOS-Extras         100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
fasttrack                 100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
rpmforge                  100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
updates                   100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
kbs-CentOS-Misc           100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Parsing package install arguments
Nothing to do

Here I am now.  I do not know how to procede from here.

Any help is very welcome

Igor