[CentOS] smtp mailer or SMART_HOST in sendmail.mc

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Thu Feb 28 21:36:14 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>>> The obvious downside here is that if you ever rebuild your sendmail.cf
>>> file from the mc file in the future, this change will be overwritten.
>> Unless he "chattr -i sendmail.cf" the file ?
>
> Why would anyone want to do that ? perhaps you meant +i ? but then
> again, why would you want to rebuild a file that you mark as non
> changeable ?

Yes, I meant +i

IINM, with that option, the file won't get overwritten with a rebuilt.
But now that I think about it, there should be a better way of doing this

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com