[CentOS] ACPI reboot-issue (CentOS 4)

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Fri Feb 29 12:19:13 UTC 2008

Simen Thoresen wrote:
>> Rudi Ahlers wrote:

>>> What does "poweroff now -r" do?
>>>

>> Nothing.
>>
>> [root at jelen-10 ~]# poweroff now -r
>> usage: poweroff [-n] [-w] [-d] [-f] [-i] [-p]
>>                   -n: don't sync before poweroffing the system
>
>> ...but poweroff -f killed power (immediately, apparently)
>>
>> and poweroff -p caused a normal poweroff (ie with shutdown)
>>

> ...and 'shutdown -r now' did the same as 'reboot' - ie 'halt' without
> poweroff.
>
> -S

aah, I was thinking about "shutdow -r now"

Try "reboot -f " ?

[root at gimbli ~]# reboot --help
usage: reboot [-n] [-w] [-d] [-f] [-h] [-i]
        -n: don't sync before halting the system
        -w: only write a wtmp reboot record and exit.
        -d: don't write a wtmp record.
        -f: force halt/reboot, don't call shutdown.
        -h: put harddisks in standby mode.
        -i: shut down all network interfaces.

--

Kind Regards