[CentOS] error creating Centos 5.1 x32 dum_U instance on CentOS 5.1 x64

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Fri Feb 29 13:39:36 UTC 2008

>>> That's incorrent. I have three Rhel5.1 x86_64 xenhosts with
>>> different 32 bits domU, centos 5.1, centos 5.0 and rhel5.1 included ...
>>>
>>> I think that problem is selinux. In redhat docs explains that domU
>>> needs to reside on /var/lib/xen if you use selinux. You can try to
>>> disable selinux (/etc/sysconfig/selinux) and all works ok.
>>>
>> I have got selinux disabled.
>>
> Are you sure?? Then, why on your /var/log/messages selinux errors
> appears??

Ok, I've disabled selinux (again) and rebooted, but still get the same
error:

Welcome to CentOS

         +------------------+ Package Installation +------------------+
         |  Name   :                                                  |
         |  Size   :                                                  |
         |  Status:+---------+ Install Starting +----------+          |
         |         |                                       |          |
         |         | Starting install process.  This may   |          |
         |         | take several minutes...               |          |
         |         |                                       |   Time   |
         |   Total +---------------------------------------+          |
         |   Complet                                                  |
         |   Remaining:                  355       575M               |
         |                             0%                             |

sending termination signals...done
sending kill signals...done
disabling swap...
        /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol01
unmounting filesystems...
        /mnt/runtime done
        disabling /dev/loop0
        /proc done
        /dev/pts done
        /sys done
        /tmp/ramfs done
        /selinux done
        /mnt/sysimage/boot done
        /mnt/sysimage/sys done
        /mnt/sysimage/proc done
        /mnt/sysimage/selinux done
        /mnt/sysimage/dev done
        /mnt/sysimage done
rebooting system
Restarting system.
Guest installation complete... restarting guest.
libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err "Error
creating domain: Boot loader didn't return any data!")
exception was: virDomainCreate() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err
"Error creating domain: Boot loader didn't return any data!")
Domain installation may not have been
successful.  If it was, you can restart your domain
by running 'virsh start vm02'; otherwise, please
restart your installation.

This time it didn't see a package from the network server, and I told it
to reboot, just to see what happens....

What controls the boot loader that it's complaining about?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com