[CentOS] Re: how to create a boot up sound / chime for servers?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Feb 29 17:30:44 UTC 2008

on 2-29-2008 2:54 AM Rudi Ahlers spake the following:
> Hi
>
> I see some distro's, like Ubuntu has a nice short chime / sound when a
> machine is fully booted.
> How / where can I setup, activate, or create such a boot up sound?

Do you want something using the system speaker, or the soundcard?
If through system speaker, there is a utility called "beep"
(http://www.johnath.com/beep/)
You can put it at the end of rc.sysinit (or just call it last in whatever way
you see fit) and not only beep, but play tunes. Only limited by your imagination.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and