[CentOS] Creating a Roaming imap account

Tue Feb 5 09:25:11 UTC 2008
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

This (CentOS5.1) box is my new imap server.  Using
system-config-security-level I opened port 143 tcp, and mail is readable
throughout the LAN.  I want a Roaming account on my laptop so that I can read
mail while away from home.  I have set up the account in kmail, and I know
that that part is correct, as it worked on my old, less-secured, imap server.
However, I haven't been able so far to make a connection.

Do I need 143 udp open?  What else must I do to allow me to connect over WAN?

Thanks

Anne