[CentOS] New Adobe Reader works on CentOS-4.x, speech synthesis reader & more.

Fri Feb 8 16:42:51 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 15:21 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 14:32 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> > Just and FYI.
> >
> > In RPM form, works on 4.x and I will try on 5.x too. Speech is tacky,
> > but if I can get something but the Gnome Festival synthesizer, maybe it
> > will improve?
> >
> > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html?promoid=BONRM
> >

> Works on CentOS-5.x too. I suspect updates will soon follow as the
> speech reader tends to drop the last words of what it is reading. E.g,
> for a paragraph, leaves off the last line or so of a "9 line" paragraph.

Well, the 8* version doesn't seem to want to print using standard
established CUPS etc. Info obtained via Google seems to indicate that
many have this problem and it is internal to the 8* version. Presented
solutions seem cumbersome and not worthwhile, IMO. And many didn't work
anyway!

I've regressed to the "standard issue" 7* version and printing works
again as expected.

FYI

--
Bill