[CentOS] CentOS5 installation crashes

Thu Feb 14 11:21:10 UTC 2008
Andrew Henry <adhenry at bredband.net>

Im installing CentOS5.1 on an Acer Aspire 5021 laptop with AMD Turion64
and ATI X700 128MB gfx card.

I want to partition my 80MB ATA disk as LVM, so I:

Choose custom partition.
delete all existing partitions.
add one LVM vg partition taking up entire disk.  I do not change any
default options.
I then click the LVM button to add my logical volumes as follows:

5GB /
8GB /home
5GB /tmp
4GB /var
1GB swap

all are ext3 partitions.

I exit the LVM dialogue and click Next to continue with the
partitioning, and...  it all crashes.  I get a debug error box with lots
of unintelligible errors that I am completely unfamiliar with.  I click
OK on the error dialogue and the installation freezes and I can only
power off with the button.  I will probably look for this on bug tracker
and log a bug report if I don't find a similar case, but I wanted to
mail the list first (because it's easier) and ask if anyone knows of the
issue and how to get around it?

thanks,
andrew

--
GnuPG Key ID: ECB18ABA
Fingerprint:  FDF3 91FC F5BC 1164 E217  315E 337E 219B ECB1 8ABA