[CentOS] versions of the mail command

Thu Feb 14 14:31:02 UTC 2008
Nigel Kendrick <support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk>

Hi Folks,

I am running postfix on a CentOS 4 box and was playing around with mail
autoresponders. I came across a wiki article that did the trick, except for
the following line which is what sends the auto response:

mail -s"Subject here" -a"From: <$2>"  $1 < /etc/postfix/autoreply.txt

The (minor) issue is that the mail command doesn't have the '-a' switch to
change the sender so I just removed that part. It's not a biggie but is
there an updated version of the mail command or an alternative I could use
that would pick up the sender's name variable and use it?

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick