[CentOS] Seelinux : Allow postfix to connect to MysQL

Thu Feb 28 20:09:42 UTC 2008
Sudheer <sudheer.s at binaryvibes.co.in>

Hello,

I just configured postfix so that it uses MySQL database to store
virtual domain and user info. When SELinux is enalbed, postfix fails to
connect to MySQL. Below is an example error from the mailog file.

postfix/trivial-rewrite[4753]: fatal:
mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table
lookup problem

When I turn off Selinux, the problem does not appear.

How can I configure Selinux to allow postfix to connect to MySQL? I am
using CentOS release 5 (Final). I have installed the postfix and
mysql-server packages from CentOSplus repository. The server is located
in a remote location and GUI is not installed on it.

I appreciate any help,

Regards,
Sudheer