[CentOS] Problems to install java plugin in CentOS 5.1 x86_64

Fri Feb 1 02:26:48 UTC 2008
Hendrik Strydom <hns1 at iinet.net.au>

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 23:51 -0200, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> --- El Mié 30 Ene 2008, Ralph Angenendt encontró un teclado y tipeó lo
> siguiente:
> > RA: Sergio Belkin wrote:
> > RA: > Hi!
> > RA: >
> > RA: > I've tried to install java plugin as is in
> > RA: > http://www.howtoforge.com/installation-guide-centos5.1-desktop-p7 but
> > with no RA: > success.
> > RA: >
> > RA: > All steps seems to go well, with no error messages, but Firefox says
> > that RA: > there is no java plugin.
> > RA:
> > RA: Are you using a 64bit version of CentOS? Then it won't work - Sun's
> > java RA: plugin only works on 32bit browsers.
>
> I'm using Centos 64bit, but I have firefox 32bit installed

Are you sure you only have the 32 bit version installed?
yelp lists the 64 bit version as a dependency, and the /usr/bin/firefox
script checks for the existence of and runs the 64 bit version if it
exists.

Does
rpm -q firefox
only return line with firefox?