[CentOS] Re: Monitor power save question

Sat Feb 2 08:51:14 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Feb 1, 2008 6:54 PM, Robert Nichols <rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net> wrote:

> And, see what "xset q" has to say about whether DPMS is currently
> enabled or not.  I've noticed that mplayer disables DPMS on entry,
> but neglects to re-enable it on termination.

Interesting - I have the opposite problem. When I run mplayer, my
screensaver acts as normal (goes on after my 20 minute interval),
which is really annoying.  I have to turn the screensvaer off, and
then remember to turn it back on after mplayer is done.  Xine seems to
work better in this regard, but it won't play everything....

mhr