[CentOS] DVD support on CentOS 5.1

Sun Feb 3 02:11:41 UTC 2008
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 09:01:48AM -0700, David G. Miller wrote:

> >>workstation :D

> >> Also, you may require libdvd, this is available from the rpmforge repo.
> >>
> >> -Ross-
> >>

> That should be gstreamer-plugins-ugly.  I usually only make such
> transpositions with numbers.

hmm. doesn't work for me. Totem still says:

Totem cannot play this type of media (DVD) because you do not have the appropriate plugins to handle it.

But of course it doesn't say which plugins it wants.

vlc and mplayer both work for DVDs,... wonder what else totem needs?

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding