[CentOS] dmcrypt on install with centos 5.1?

Mon Feb 4 17:28:56 UTC 2008
Timothy Selivanow <timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com>

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 22:13 -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 4:39 PM, Andrew Henry <adhenry at bredband.net> wrote:
> > Im new to the list and CentOS and wonder if there is any option to do
> > full disk encryption with dmcrypt and LUKS during the install stage of
> > CentOS 5.1?  I use Debian Etch at the moment and Debian is able to to this.
> >
> > If not possible, are there any good guides that anyone knows about that
> > explain how to dmcrypt everything but /boot on CentOS manually?
>

> Full disk encryption is not currently possible, but there's a good
> tutorial on the wiki for encrypting parts of the disk.
>
> See -> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/EncryptedFilesystem

While it's not possible through anaconda, you can do it manually after
you've installed the system.

http://www.msquared.id.au/articles/cryptroot/

--Tim
/ An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest. \
\                 -- Spanish proverb           /
  \
   \   \
        \ /\
        ( )