[CentOS] Large RAID volume issues

Mon Feb 4 20:06:24 UTC 2008
Rob Lines <rlinesseagate at gmail.com>

> This would appear to be your problem.  Unless you have strong reasons to
> use 2K sectors, I'd change them to the much more standard 512.
>
> After that, parted should have no issues whatsoever.

In looking back through the configuration.  The 2kb sectors were set in the
Array in the Variable Sector Size as that was what it suggested for the
larger than 2tb slices.  The other option on the array was using 16 byte
CDB(Command Descriptor Block) but that options is not compatible with the
LSO cards according the manufacturer.

I would guess that scaling it back to the 1kb per track would not really
help either.

As an aside for the LVM option is there anything to be aware of using it on
such a large drive?

Thank you everyone for the information and help.

Rob