[CentOS] system gets suspended automatically!

Tue Feb 5 15:48:10 UTC 2008
Chandra <shekharc.2004 at gmail.com>

|     -  power supply (aka losing voltage)
|     -  all the system fans (aka thermal shutdown)
|     -  memory (run memtest86+ overnight [or longer])

Thanks for your reply.

At first, I rule out any fluctuation in power-supply.

As far as thermal shutdown is concerned, I don't know how to know if it is the
case. However, it is a brand new PC and so, I hope it should be working. But
I will check it out properly.

memtest86+: I will run it overnight.

As David asked:
| What do you have to do to get the box out of "suspend?"  If the system
| is frozen and you have to reboot the box to "unfreeze" it, I'd guess
| it's a heat issue.

yes, I need to push the power-button to restart it.

Thanks once again. I will report the outcome as soon.

- Chandra