[CentOS] Trouble Ticket System

Thu Feb 7 20:29:28 UTC 2008
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Lorenzo Quatrini wrote:
> Johnny Hughes ha scritto:
>>
>> I would like to recommend a piece of software known as GLPI ... when
>> used in conjunction with OCSng, it will track all hardware and
>> software installed on each machine, which users use which machines, etc.
>>
>> It also can use ADS or LDAP for authentication, and there is the
>> ability to create FAQs that users can search.
>>
>> So, the combination can be used as a software/hardware inventory
>> program and trouble ticket system.
>>
>> http://glpi-project.org/?lang=en
>>
>> http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Johnny Hughes
>>
> Does someone has an rpm version?
> I did some tests on OCS-ng, but everything broke on the upgrade of the
> test pc...

WRT RPMS, no.

They have built perl scripts to run for upgrades and installs, and it is
very complex, so RPMS would just down load the stuff and execute the
perl script.  Fairly worthless in this case.  In fact, for things that
just unpack into a web dir (mambo web server, phpmyadmin, etc.) I think
RPMS are fairly worthless.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes