[CentOS] CentOs 5.1 Vmware Workstation Ace Edition - Problem With Atheros AR5006EG

Fri Feb 8 19:48:33 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Masters IT Gmail wrote:
> Sorry to bother I am working with CentOs 5.1 Final running in a virtual
> machine using Vmware Workstation Ace edition. I want to know if someone
> knows how to configure and if it is possible to enable my wifi card Atheros
> AR5006EG in a virtual machine.

You should be able to run a NAT'd virtual network adapter pointed at
your atheros wifi card. The VM won't see it as a wifi card but rather
a normal network card. Last I checked you couldn't run a bridged
virtual network card against a wireless card due to some missing
functionality in many wireless card drivers.

You'll need to make sure that the wifi card on the host is configured,
connected and has an IP address in order for the guest VM to work with
it.

nate