[CentOS] Create a Yum repository for CentOS 5?

Sat Feb 9 06:34:51 UTC 2008
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

Hi,

I'm using CentOS 5.1 on both server and desktops. I have a series of
packages that I either rebuilt from CentOS SRPMS to modify them
according to my needs (PHP for example), or that I built from Fedora
Core SRPMS because they're not available on CentOS nor in the RPMForge
repos (Seamonkey, MPD with libshout support, xmms-wma, ...).

I want to create my own remote Yum repository for these packages, but I
don't quite know how to achieve that. I've done something similar with
Slackware and swaret before, though, so I sort of grasp the logic behind it.

Is it possible to do that on a remote server where I only have FTP
access? E. g. somehow create the repo locally on one build box, copy the
whole tree over to the remote machine and then add some according
file/stanza in /etc/yum.repos.d/ ?

cheers,

Niki