[CentOS] Apache2::Request on CentOS 5

Sun Feb 10 23:16:19 UTC 2008
Benjamin Franz <snowhare at nihongo.org>

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008, Jeff Larsen wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2008 12:24 AM, Mag Gam <magawake at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Running mod_perl, and trying to get Apache2::Request installed. I can't seem
>> to find an RPM for it. Has anyone got this working on CentOS 5?
>
> I am not a perl expert, but since nobody else is commenting...
>
> Check out the cpan command. It's an interactive program that you can
> use to manage perl add-ons. Not all perl stuff is available via RPM
> and since perl is pretty well self-contained, you can't get into to
> much trouble by pulling things in from other sources.

To the contrary, you can get in quite a lot of trouble mixing CPAN and
RPM naively. Checkout cpan2rpm at http://www.arix.com/perl/cpan2rpm/ and
RPMForge at http://rpmforge.net/ instead.

Either is MUCH safer than directly mixing CPAN with the normal Yum managed
Perl installation.

--
Benjamin Franz

  I don't think it's a good idea to follow the catalog's suggestion to force
  the "Double Helix" on your biologist friends, or the "Wavelength" on your
  physicist friends. They have access to virulent pathogens and liquid
  nitrogen, and I just know it will end in tears before bedtime.
                             - Verzoeking, LiveJournal Entry, 22 Nov 2005