[CentOS] Samba problem after Up2date

Mon Feb 11 15:07:15 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Dago Pacheco wrote:
> Hi.... I have this CentOS 4.3 server that is used as a file, web and mail
> server just for LAN hosts.  After an up2date procedure (in wich there was a
> lot of package involved.... about 500) I started having problems with file
> shareing in samba server.

As the Release Notes state (you did read those, didn't you?):

samba

    samba has been updated to version 3.0.25b. This addresses several
    critical issues affecting interoperability with Windows 2003™ and
    Windows Vista™ (resolved in recent upstream releases).

    All revisions to samba made for this update entailed invasive
    code changes in some critical code paths. This made backporting
    to version 3.0.10 non-feasible. As such, all samba packages were
    rebased to version 3.0.25b instead.

    Because of the rebase, some option interpretation methods
    and components behaviors changed significantly. This means
    that after upgrading samba, the configuration file will need
    to be manually edited.

More details in those release notes.

Cheers,

Ralph