[CentOS] NFS Exporting / not working ???

Mon Feb 11 15:35:38 UTC 2008
Michael W Cocke <cocke at catherders.com>

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 16:37:55 -0700, you wrote:

>On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 18:30 -0500, Michael W Cocke wrote:
>> I'm fairly certain I'm not losing my mind, but....
>>
>> I'm a very recent convert from fedora 7 to Centos 5.  I had the /
>> filesystem exported and it worked fine.  Installed Centos, dropped the
>> very same exports file I was using successfully into /etc, restarted
>> nfs, and it won't allow anyone to access.  If you mount it from a
>> different system, the mount succeeds, but no files or directories show
>> up and the ls just sort of dies a slow death.
>>
>> I managed to get it to work with samba, but nfs just won't happen.
>> What am I missing?
>----
>start here...
>
>http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Deployment_Guide/ch-nfs.html
>
>Craig

I appreciate the thought, but I was hoping for a hint why something
that's worked perfectly thru 4 distros and 7 years doesn't work on
CentOS...

Never mind - I've been hacking this thing for almost a week and that's
about as long as I have to waste.  Back to a distro that worked
previously.

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.