[CentOS] Network Installation of CentOS disk image via PXE

Mon Feb 11 17:52:09 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> >Start with a working RIS setup, enable support for legacy RIS images.
>
> Wow, thorough detail :) I see you have kept sp2 off the RIS
> box to prevent RIS from becoming WDS. I assume this is
> because there is no way to do this in WDS?

Nah, I have SP2 on there, you need to make sure when setting up WDS
to enable legacy support for RIS images and then make sure you
create the directory structure I mentioned.

You could probably set it up in WDS, but I'm sure it would be more
involved, but WDS can host both newer images and legacy images
on the same box, so why bother?

-Ross