[CentOS] Apache RPM's

Wed Feb 13 05:28:44 UTC 2008
Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org>

> I love CentOS, but I am seriously regretting selecting Centos 4.4 for my
> production hosting servers. The current situation with CentOS 4.4 and being
> stuck at Apache 2.0.52 is a huge problem because of the new requirements for
> the Credit Card industry PCI scan. Apache 2.0.52 does not pass PCI
> compliance scans. which means no ecommerce on any of these servers - MAJOR
> ISSUE. So my question to the community is: when are new Apache RPM's going
> to be released or at minimum a backported version that plugs these security
> holes so we can pass PCI scans. Apache 2.0.52 has some major issues that
> need to be dealt with?
>
> Help us out here. I know I am not the only one in this situation. every
> hosting company that uses Ensim Pro X is just where I am.
> Any insight or better yet a solution to this would be great.

Are you actually using CentOS 4.4 or are you using a fully updated version
of CentOS 4.6?  If you are fully updated, or simply download the latest
CentOS 4 httpd package and run "rpm -q --changelog httpd | less" for an
installed package or "rpm -qp --changelog /path/to/httpd/package | less"
for a downloaded, but not yet installed package, you can see all of the
changes, complete with which CVE issues have been addressed in each
package build.

Barry