[CentOS] Apache RPM's

Wed Feb 13 16:46:59 UTC 2008
nate <centos at linuxpowered.net>

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:

> Then there is the whole convincing these firms and agencies that
> since CentOS is a duplication of Redhat's system it is therefore
> certified by the laws of transitivity, but who knows if they will
> buy it...

Well I wouldn't be surprised if a agency/certification thing would
not support you under CentOS if they support RHEL. It would be sad
but not completely crazy.

Those firms and agencies are likely more strict on what they support
than software/hardware vendors. And there's quite a few software
and hardware vendors that don't support CentOS but do support RHEL.

I suppose it mostly comes down to the organization behind it and
the relationships Red Hat in this case has with those companies in
order to help track/escalate problems/fixes/etc easier then
organizations like CentOS that are less formal. And yes I believe
if a bug is found in CentOS it's almost certain to appear in RHEL,
but without reproduction under RHEL the vendor is unlikely to
approach Red Hat and say you have a bug in your product even though
I was using CentOS.

nate