[CentOS] pvmove speed

Wed Feb 13 19:24:44 UTC 2008
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com>

>What are you pvmoving again?
>
>-Ross

Ok, here is what happened: I have a box running iet exporting an LV that started out as two 750 gig HD's mirrored off an 8 channel LSI SAS controller. I needed more space, and added 3 400 gig HD's in a r5 vd to this VG. Yes, I now need even more space, but I only have 8 channels, so... Moving it all over to 7 750's in an r5 either with a hotspare or maybe 8 750's in a r6, don't know yet

All vd's on the controller are optimal, nothing is degraded but I need to move all this data off the darn thing to free up the original ld so I can break and recreate it.

jlc