[CentOS] RE: [Iscsitarget-devel] Performance Question

Thu Feb 14 00:26:12 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:

> >Yes, jumbo frames, no irq coalescence, blockio and see if
> >you can get Backup Exec to use large io request sizes when
> >reading and writing the data. The larger the better.
>
> Ok, Jumbo's enabled on the switch and media server. For the
> sake of our sanity jumping back and forth, I am trying to
> enable jumbo's on the bonded pair in the target, # ifconfig
> bond0 mtu 9014 and it errors out? Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Yeah, it's MTU 9000 on Linux, Linux adds 14 byte ethernet frame
by default (standard MTU is actually 1514).

> Also, where do I tune irq coalescence?

It can be done through ethtool if the cards are supported,
or sometimes it needs to be done on mod load. Which card?

-Ross