[CentOS] Samba problem after Up2date

Thu Feb 14 14:47:12 UTC 2008
Dago Pacheco <informatica at makimet.cl>

Johnny Hughes escribió:

> OK ... I already told you to run testparm and to validate all your
> smb.conf lines.
>
> Here is the first problem ... in 3.0.25, the command "host equiv=" is
> not longer valid and needs to be removed ... see this link:
>
> http://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-3.0.25.html
>
> Start out by using testparm and fix all the errors and then you can go
> from there.
>
>> What i can notice here is that is says that the server is not using
>> security..... what is that for?
>
> It says it is not using "user level" security ... you probably have
> some other level of security in your config file. The different levels
> are detailed here [search for "security (G)"]:
>
> http://us4.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html
>
> (there is security = user, security = share, security = server,
> security = domain )
>
> The only thing that is going to work is to look at your smb.config
> file, see what is set and figure out what you need to have set.

ok....This is the thing.... security level was set to "share".  When
thigs worked fine, there were a lot of shared folders that could be
access by anyone in the network, but when it comes to acces the remote
home folder, from windows client, samba checked the user/password used
to loged in to windows and use it.  Now whit security level set to
"share", I can access the public folders, but when it comes to the
"home" folders, smaba promt me to enter a password as an invited user.
If I change security level to "user", samba promt user to enter user and
password, that's good, but even if I enter a good login.... nothing
happend, it doesn't validate it... and then, I can't access home and
public folders.

This is the output for testparm

[root at servidor ~]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[administracion]"
Processing section "[biblioteca]"
Processing section "[cartas]"
Processing section "[fax]"
Processing section "[formatos]"
Processing section "[fotografias]"
Processing section "[informes]"
Processing section "[instaladores]"
Processing section "[memos]"
Processing section "[of_tecnica]"
Processing section "[planos]"
Processing section "[procedimientos]"
Loaded services file OK.
WARNING: You have some share names that are longer than 12 characters.
These may not be accessible to some older clients.
(Eg. Windows9x, WindowsMe, and smbclient prior to Samba 3.0.)
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

[global]
        workgroup = MAKIMET
        netbios aliases = servidor
        server string = Servidor Maestranza
        interfaces = 192.168.0.10/255.255.255.0
        security = SHARE
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        pam password change = Yes
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        log level = 3
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        acl compatibility = winnt
        server signing = auto
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        hostname lookups = Yes
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        os level = 10
        preferred master = No
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        ldap ssl = no
        preload = global administracion biblioteca cartas fax formatos
fotografias informes instaladores memos of_tecnica planos procedimientos
        read only = No
        create mask = 0777
        force create mode = 0777
        directory mask = 0777
        force directory mode = 0777
        guest ok = Yes
        hosts allow = 192.168.0., 127.0.0.

[homes]
        comment = Home directory for %S
        valid users = bodega, calidad, contador, cvaldivieso,
dibujotec1, dibujotec2, faena, hcatalan, hfigueroa, personal, planning,
produccion, root, secretaria, tvillagran, ymoya, ocastro, hsandoval,
afigueroa, mahumada, chidalgo, informatica, @makimet
        force group = makimet
        create mask = 0700
        directory mask = 0700