[CentOS] domain name display issue in linux pc

Thu Feb 14 17:42:46 UTC 2008
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

padmaja.rv at vodcalabs.com wrote:

> the /etc/hosts file has the following content:
>

> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
>
> # that require network functionality will fail.
>
> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost sipserver
>
> 192.168.50.51 sipserver.vodcalocal.com

take 'sipserver' /off/ the localhost line and add it to the regular IP
line.   I'm not sure /why/ anacdonda or whatever insists on doing this,
but using your hostname as localhost is generally quite wrong and can
result in all sorts of odd little behaviors.