[CentOS] CentOS5 installation crashes

Thu Feb 14 21:01:38 UTC 2008
Andrew Henry <adhenry at bredband.net>

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> I would suggest that you try the install by shrinking the / partition
> in the LVM tab and install with only / and swap ... thent you can
> later add /home and /tmp (and var too, though harder, if you want)
> after the install and see if that has any effect.
>
> This smells like something in LVM and disk formating is not happy to
> me, but we need more info about the segfault to be sure.
>
> Also, you can shift to Alt-F2, Alt-F3, Alt-F4, Alt-F5 and see what
> might be happening exactly so we can try and troubleshoot.
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes
unhandled exception:

anaconda/fsset.py line 2962 throws out an "index error: index value out
of range"

I tried with just / and swap and even tried with setting the pv to 300MB
less than the max size of the drive in case there was an issue with
detecting drive size correctly, but same issue.

Have not tried with setting a /boot partition yet. will try that tomorrow.

--andrew

--
GnuPG Key ID: ECB18ABA
Fingerprint:  FDF3 91FC F5BC 1164 E217  315E 337E 219B ECB1 8ABA