[CentOS] OFF Topic: mysql installation problem

Thu Feb 14 22:18:22 UTC 2008
mouss <mouss at netoyen.net>

Ed Morrison wrote:
> mouss wrote:
>> # yum install mysql mysql-server php-mysql
>> # ls -a /var/lib/mysql
>> .   ..
>> # rpm -qf /etc/my.cnf
>> mysql-libs-5.0.54-1.el4.centos
>> # service mysqld start
>> Initializing MySQL database:  [  OK  ]
>> Starting MySQL:  [  OK  ]
>> [root at sushi lib]# ls mysql
>> ibdata1  ib_logfile0  ib_logfile1  mysql  mysql.sock  test
>>

>> what I don't see in your setup is mysql-libs.
>
> Hi Mouss.  It is there:
>
> [root at ftp ~]# rpm -qa mysql-libs
> mysql-libs-5.0.54-1.el4.centos

# rpm -q mysql-libs
mysql-libs-5.0.54-1.el4.centos

so it's the same version, but:

# rpm -ql mysql-libs|grep /etc
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/mysql-i386.conf
/etc/my.cnf

has /etc/my.cnf. here are the contents if that could help.
# cat  /etc/my.cnf
[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

# To allow mysqld to connect to a MySQL Cluster management daemon, uncomment
# these lines and adjust the connectstring as needed.
#ndbcluster
#ndb-connectstring="nodeid=4;host=localhost:1186"

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

[ndbd]
# If you are running a MySQL Cluster storage daemon (ndbd) on this machine,
# adjust its connection to the management daemon here.
# Note: ndbd init script requires this to include nodeid!
connect-string="nodeid=2;host=localhost:1186"

[ndb_mgm]
# connection string for MySQL Cluster management tool
connect-string="host=localhost:1186"