[CentOS] nss_ldap failed to bind to LDAP server 127.0.0.1

Tue Feb 19 23:45:55 UTC 2008
Hugh E Cruickshank <hugh at forsoft.com>

From: William L. Maltby Sent: February 19, 2008 15:25

> On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 14:09 -0800, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:
> > Hi All:
> >
> > Over the weekend I install all the outstanding updates for our
> > CentOS 4 based server. Since I had been holding off on these until
> > I had addressed some disk space issues there were a large number
> > (300+). I know my bad! After installing the updates I rebooted the
> > system and it took forever to boot and once up there were problems
> > connecting to some of our SAMBA shares. I checked the messages log
> > <snip>
>
> Did you remember to "updatedb" and then "locate rpmsave" or "locate
> rpmnew"? There are likely to be many that you need to compare and
> update.

Wellllll, I did not remember mainly because I did not know that I
should. I know, ignorance is no excuse. My education continues...

I did as you suggested and, although there are several files to be
reviewed, none appear to be current nor relevant. However I will
address these.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Regards, Hugh

--