[CentOS] nss_ldap failed to bind to LDAP server 127.0.0.1

Wed Feb 20 00:56:15 UTC 2008
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 04:24:59PM -0800, Hugh E Cruickshank wrote:

>   The errors are valid as we do not have an LDAP server. What I am
>   trying to figure out is why it is looking for one. I have done some

> passwd:     files ldap

That means "look in /etc/passwd and if it's not found THEN look in LDAP".

So the answer to "why" is because you told it to do so.

Change it to
  passwd: files
(and similarly for the other entries) to stop it trying to look in LDAP.

In other words you _had_ the right answer already!

--

rgds
Stephen