[CentOS] popular open source forum software?

Sat Feb 23 07:34:10 UTC 2008
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

Robinson Tiemuqinke wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I plan to setup an forum for my friend and his
> friends shortly. But before I setup, I would like to
> know what are the popular open source forum
> software/packages to look at..
>
> Please advise. Thanks.

having setup and maintained a couple phpBB message boards, I will say,
with absolutely no hesitation, AVOID THIS PILE OF BUGRIDDEN #$@$@#$ AT
ALL COSTS.   I've heard SMF is pretty good.

re: your follow up question about video...    video is just another
file, no BBS is going to support advanced video streaming, but any that
allows file attachments should allow video files.  note that php itself
often has a default 64MB file upload size limit that you'll need to
increase to support more than a tiny video.