[CentOS] Yum not updating kernel

Sat Feb 23 18:19:43 UTC 2008
Bob Taylor <bob8221 at gmail.com>

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 03:47 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Bob Taylor wrote:

[snip]

> based on this output ... somehow your kernel is excluded in update set,
> even though it sees kernel-doc.noarch and kernel-headers.i386.
>
> This leads me to believe that there is a "exclude=kernel" somewhere in a
> config file:

I just read man yum.conf again and I see this:

installonlypkgs
List  of  packages  that  should  only  ever be installed, never
updated. Kernels in particular fall into this category. Defaults to
‘kernel, kernel-smp, kernel-bigmem, kernel-enterprise, kernel-debug,
kernel-unsupported’.

What I missed is "never updated". If this is my problem, how do I fix
it?

> please check /etc/yum.conf again

No exclude in any config file.

Thanks again!