[CentOS] SAMBA is driving me crazy

Sun Feb 24 05:42:56 UTC 2008
Steven Vishoot <sir_funzone at yahoo.com>

--- Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 22:39 +0000, scaglietti amore
> wrote:
> >

> > i dont know how my e-mail was posted like that  :)
>  :)
> >
> > ok i tried to make it "write list = @users"
> > i still get "access denied or make sure that the
> disk is not full or
> > write protected"
> >
> > this is the conf:
> > [global]
> > workgroup = WORKGROUP
> > server string = storage
> > netbios name = sanshiro
> > #interfaces = lo eth2
> > #hosts allow = 127. 10.0.0.
> > # logs split per machine
> > #       log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> > # max 50KB per log file, then rotate
> > #       max log size = 50
> > security = share
> > # A publicly accessible directory, but read only,
> except for people in
> > # the "users" group
> >        [Data]
> >        comment = data
> >        path = /samba/Data/
> >        public = yes
> >        writable = yes
> >        read only = no
> >        printable = no
> >        write list = @users
> ----
> what is output of ?
>
> ls -ld /samba/Data
>
> Craig

this is sounding like a permission problem to me. try
seeing what the shared and data directories have as
owner and group on the directory. because default
setup for directories that are created in samba are
created with 755 and your original directory might
have it as root as owner and group. if that is the
case then you will not have access. That is a good
place to start. Now if you understand this babbling is
a different story.