[CentOS] About Mono installation

Mon Feb 25 04:21:44 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>  > On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

>  >>  better still, talk to the person who built those rpms and/or use the support
>  >>  mechanism for the repository where those packages came from.
>  >
>  > Well, if the original poster got his mono from CentOS, the person who
>  > built the rpms would be Johnny Hughes. :-)
>  >
>  > At any rate, the easiest way to install mono on CentOS 5 will be to run:
>  >
>  > yum --enablerepo=centosplus groupinstall Mono
>
>  Those instructions are good except I don't think centosplus needs
>  enabling as the Mono group is in extras ... so this should work:
>
>  yum groupinstall Mono
>
>  <snip>
>
>  Thanks,
>  Johnny Hughes

There is a little problem here  :-)

mono-core requires libgdiplus.  When I browsed the extra/ directory, I
saw libgdiplus in there.  BUT,

# yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo=extras install libgdiplus
(snip)
Nothing to do

# yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo=centosplus install libgdiplus
(snip)
Dependencies Resolved

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Installing:
 libgdiplus              x86_64     1.2.5-1.el5.centos  centosplus        375 k

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)

This was why centosplus had to be enabled to install mono.  I am sure
Johnny can "fix" this problem easily. :D

Akemi