[CentOS] centos 5.1 install , 3ware raid card...

Tue Feb 26 08:06:54 UTC 2008
Jed Reynolds <lists at bitratchet.com>

Tom Bishop wrote:
> Installing a new system using a 3ware card, raid 5 across 4 disks,
> partition, format went smothly and loaded the apps that I need, but
> for some reason it appears grub was not installed, or not completely.
> I am wanting to boot from the array, when installing grub on the
> loader it asks whether to install MBR on the first partition.  Should
> I use the partition instead of the MBR?  When I boot up in rescue mode
> and go to /boot/grub all I see is splash....no other files.  Any
> suggestions would be welcome...thanks.

I will guess you've splurged on four 750GB drives...?

Check on your partitioning, possibly using a tool like gparted. Very
large partitions are not supported by MSDOS-style partition tables, you
possibly want to look into a different partition  formatting utility...gpt.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-February/074986.html

Jed