[CentOS] CentOS Email Wiki and/or mailing list

Fri Feb 29 17:46:09 UTC 2008
Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>

On Friday 29 February 2008 17:35:25 John Hinton wrote:
> This would certainly be a great start. As I see it, a mailsystem Wiki
> should have some specific divisions itself. One would be 'General' and
> then it would likely need 'Sendmail', 'Postfix', 'Qmail' areas. I'm just
> thinking out loud here. I've never done anything on a Wiki. I think a
> good initial layout however would be important. I'm trying to think
> about the gotchas I discover when trying to search for things. It seems
> like it always comes up two out of three and therefore isn't relevant.

Thinking of organisation, it would need subdivisions for each part of the
equation.  I think each entry would benefit from an 'executive summary'.
where pros and cons can be quickly evaluation - and I'd put it at the
beginning, just after the index.  That way it would be relatively easy to
evaluate which alternatives were most likely to suit the purpose.  The main
body would probably be a how-to.  How does that sound?

> Sounds like I've just volunteered myself to participate in this Wiki!
> And yes, I'd be thrilled to!

I'd be happy to discuss the issues as suited to a family LAN imap server.  I
use fetchmail, dovecot, procmail, postfix and kmail for my setup.

Anne