[CentOS] Re: how to create a boot up sound / chime for servers?

Fri Feb 29 18:55:07 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

Scott Silva wrote:
> on 2-29-2008 2:54 AM Rudi Ahlers spake the following:
>> Hi
>>
>> I see some distro's, like Ubuntu has a nice short chime / sound when
>> a machine is fully booted.
>> How / where can I setup, activate, or create such a boot up sound?
>>
> Do you want something using the system speaker, or the soundcard?
> If through system speaker, there is a utility called "beep"
> (http://www.johnath.com/beep/)
> You can put it at the end of rc.sysinit (or just call it last in
> whatever way you see fit) and not only beep, but play tunes. Only
> limited by your imagination.

Awesome, thanx :) Google didn't turn up anything usable. And yes, I want
to use the system speaker, since it will be on servers, which generally
don't have monitors, nor external speakers on the soundcard.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com