[CentOS] Re: Command line tool to test bandwidth between 2 servers

Wed Feb 6 23:45:31 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 2/6/2008 3:33 PM Dan Carl spake the following:
> What's the best way to do this?
>
> Daily, jpg images are added to an inhouse server.
> Everynight I want to backup these images to a server offsite, via rsync.
> What I want is to determine what to set the bwlimit to.
> I also want to estimate how many MB's of images I can move nightly.
> Thanks
> Dan
If you need the bandwidth for other purposes at night you could set the
bwlimit to half to three quarters of the available bandwidth, and the rest
will be available for other uses like dns servers and such. Using compression
( the -z option) probably won't help with jpg's.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and