[CentOS] Re: Weird crash with CentOS 5.1

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Jan 4 15:46:16 UTC 2008

on 1/3/2008 11:30 PM Jean-Yves Avenard spake the following:
> Hi again
>
> On Jan 4, 2008 4:56 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sound like a bug too me.
>>

> I have tried booting the rescue DVD of Fedora 7, and it crashed just
> the same when trying to mount the linux partition on the RAID1 array.
>
> However, Fedora 8 manages to boot well, I was able to mount the
> partition without any problems.
>
> Currently compiling a kernel 2.6.26.12 , will see if it works with this kernel.
>
> If anyone has a solution on why the stock CentOS kernel crashes when
> mounting a Linux Intel Bios RAID1 array, I'm all ears !
>
> Jean-Yves
AFAIR that is fakeraid anyway. Maybe one of the drives is having a problem.
Could be that the dmraid driver isn't as robust as software raid with drive
problems. You could eliminate the hardware (except the drives) by swapping
drives from one of the known working machines into this one and see what
happens. IF it borks, bad hardware, if not, bad drives or bad install.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and