[CentOS] Wondering about CentOS 5.1 functionality

Anup Shukla anup.shkl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 06:35:00 UTC 2008

Mark Weaver wrote:

> Actually Fedora 7 ran it wonderfully. I used ndiswrapper and a script to
> initialize the adapter during the boot process.
>
> I'm running OpenSUSE 10.3 on this laptop right now and there is plenty
> to like about it, however I'm a RedHat man at heart and there are things
> that I'm used to on my RedHat systems that I don't want to give up. I'd
> like to get back to a RedHat based distro for this machine if I can.

Not sure if its relevant.
I tried Ubuntu (7 something) with ndiswrapper and it worked beautifully.
Tried the firmware (using bcm43xx-fwcutter) and it worked too, however
the card would take longer to connect to a network.

Dont know why that happened.. i simply reverted back to ndiswrapper.

As for Centos, i have never installed it on my laptop,
but only on our servers.

--
Regards,
Anup Shukla