[CentOS] Wondering about CentOS 5.1 functionality

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jan 5 17:12:34 UTC 2008

Mark Weaver wrote:
>>> - - Broadcom Wireless Adapter - 1390 Wlan (bcm43xx)
>> Last I checked not even Fedora runs this thing properly. Avoid.
>
> Actually Fedora 7 ran it wonderfully. I used ndiswrapper and a script to
> initialize the adapter during the boot process.

you missed the point Mark, I think Ignacio pointed out that the bcm43xx
driver didnt work too well.

my experience, on centos-5, is similar. bcm43xx works fine if I set the
rate to 11M, once the network connects, i can then turn it back upto 54M
and it tends to stay connected. I just found it easier to leave the
network at 11M permanently and things justwork.