[CentOS] Re: DRBD NFS load issues

Jed Reynolds lists at bitratchet.com
Mon Jan 7 16:07:36 UTC 2008

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Jed Reynolds wrote:

>>> This is with rsync at bwlimit=2500
>>>

>> This is doing the same transfer with SSH. The load still climbs...and
>> then load drops. I think NFS is the issue.
>>
>> I wonder if my NFS connection settings in client fstabs are unwise? I
>> figured with beefy machine and fast networking, I could take
>> advantage of large packetsizes. Bad packet sizes?
>

> Are you backing up nfs to nfs?  From where to where are you doing
> backups?

The source data is on a ext3 partition, LVM volume, backed by a 15krpm
raid 10 volume. Both rsyncs where conducted from the source host (the db
server) to the backup server (which hosts nfs). In the nfs backup, I was
rsyncing from the db filesystem to an NFS mount, and the ssh backup, I
was rsyncing from the db filesystem to sshuser at backupserver:/backups.

Jed