[CentOS] ARGH!!! Instal fails at drive format time

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Tue Jan 8 00:10:34 UTC 2008

>> You could hit ALT-F2 and set everything up from the console by hand
>> (including formatting) and then just tell disk druid _not_ to format.
>> I haven't tried that, but it feasibly might work...
> Do you mean right after booting off CD #1?  alt-F2 does nothing F2 lists
> options like linux askmethod.

Nope, boot up normally.  Once you're at the welcome screen in the
installer, then you can press CLTR-ALT-F2 to drop to a console prompt.
Here you'll be able to set up a /boot partition, mkfs.ext3 it, tag the
remaining space as LVM and then use the lvm tool to create your volumes
and logical volumes and create the filesystems on top of them.

Ray