[CentOS] Re: Live CD Planning systems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jan 8 00:24:50 UTC 2008

Just to let you all know (and the reason for top posting)....

The install of Centos with XEN went with no problems. Just had to be
VERY careful and NOT touch hda1.

Booting was taking 10min or more. Timeouts. On study, it was USB related
and the drive I am using is .7A (3.5W ie more than USB spec...). So I
have to look for a .5A drive! BTW, I have some internal IDE 3.5:2.5
converters and these are ONLY booting .5A laptop drives. Won't even spin
up .7A drives.

But the big looser with my dreams is running XP inside of XEN. You have
to set up an LVM partition then install XP into it withing XEN. And I
cannot touch that drive.

Sigh. Back to other projects.