[CentOS] Probably OT: Has anyone else seen SeaMonkey 'pop' without warning?

MHR

mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 00:46:30 UTC 2008

I sent a bug report to Mozilla about this, but I was hoping someone here
might have an insight on this.

I use SeaMonkey as my default browser (32-bit even though I'm running x86_64
CentOS 5.1), version 1.1.7.

Shortyl after installing 1.1.7 on my 5.0 (and even since 5.1), I noticed
that every so often, seemingly at random, although it appears most
frequently when I click on something that wants to interact with the file
system, the SeaMonkey window just closes.  If I reopen it and go to the same
place and try the same thing, it works just fine (and usually, the second SM
window is more stable and doesn't do that again).

This frequently happens when I try to save a web page, load an email
attachment, print a page, or anything that interacts with the file system.
Just now it happened when I tried to switch tabs, but that's unusual.

Anyone have a clue?

TIA.

mhr